Rosie Clark Tennis Coaching supports LTA Mini Tennis as a fantastic way of helping young players to develop their game. Softer balls which travel more slowly through the air are used as well as smaller rackets and nets. The most suitable mini tennis level for your child may vary depending on experience.
- Tots Tennis: Players aged 3-4, fundamentally based on agility, balance, coordination, movement and basic sending and receiving ball skills.
- Mini Red Tennis: Players aged 4-8 , a strong emphasis on ABCs (Agility, Balance & Co-ordination).
- Mini Orange Tennis: Players aged 8 & 9, an increased technical and tactical emphasis.
- Mini Green Tennis: Players aged 10, a full-sized singles court with reduced speed balls.
- Junior Tennis: Players aged 11+, a full-sized court with full, yellow balls.
Check my child’s age group: Tennis Competition Age Group Calculator | LTA
3 – 4 year olds
4 – 7 year olds
10 years old +